• Project – Titanic Quarter Belfast
• Consultant Engineers – Consultant Engineers: ACOM
• Architects – Todd Architects
• Builders – Harcourt Developments
• Contractor – Harveys
• The Heating Solution – Energy efficient heating system. Jaga Clima Canal – Complete climate control – Fulfilling all climate control requirements, this small trench heater supplies powerful yet inaudible heating, cooling and ventilation – all from the same unit.
The Titanic Signature Building was commissioned as the iconic centrepiece of the Titanic Quarter Regeneration Project which encompasses 75 hectares of former industrial brownfield lands to the South of the River Lagan in Belfast City Centre. This iconic visitor attraction, tells the story of the Titanic, while the upper floors accommodate 1000 diners in banquet halls and function rooms.
The signature building has a complicated geometry and challenging construction programme as well as using ground-breaking construction techniques. It includes a range of sustainable strategies, including Combined Heat and Power micro generation.
The Zehnder Nova panel radiator was used on this project because of it’s many advantageous features such as it’s efficiency and the fact that it is suitable for low temperature systems and minimum energy applications. The Nova panel radiator consists of flat oval precision tubes pressure-welded with a one-mm air gap to symmetric water channels. The shapes of the flat oval tubes and water channels preclude any risk of physical injury.
The solution for the apartments on this project was the Clima Canal by Jaga. The Clima Canal is quiet even at high outputs, making it a discreet and effective heater for almost any situation. Installation is hassle-free due to the one-piece design and simple height adjustment feature. It’s low voltage OC-controlled technology improves airflow and provides a powerful output. This gives the Clima Canal full compatibility with low flow temperature systems, such as heat pumps.